Bloody Mary Recipe
This “Bloody Mary” (non-alcoholic herbal drink) is a blood tonic. It gently builds and cleanses the blood. It is also great for the skin. This tea should be served hot.
There is a saying in Chinese herbalism that “women are governed by blood.” As a result, women often benefit significantly from blood tonics.
Longan, translated literally as “Dragon Eye” fruit, is a wonderfully delicious, fleshy fruit that is extremely popular in China as a snack and as an ingredient in tonic teas and beverages.
- Longan is a great blood tonic, often combined with other blood tonics such as Dang Gui and Peony root to make blood-building teas and formulations.
- Longan Fruit is high in iron.
- It is a great Qi tonic for building up your everyday energy. Consumed regularly, Longan boosts temporary energy as well as long term vitality, yet it is not a stimulant like caffeine. It gives you energy while simultaneously relaxing you.
- Longan promotes tranquility. Longan has been found to promote deep, refreshing sleep.
- It can be used to enhance memory and steady the nerves by fortifying Blood and Qi.
- Longan is a famous beauty herb. Longan adds luster and beauty to the skin.
- Longan has a 2000-year reputation as a fantastic sex tonic for women. For that reason, Longan is considered a MUST for women who wish to be both beautiful and sensual.
- Longan’s effects are not hormonally driven. Longan is equally beneficial to men and women.
- Longan is believed to directly promote heart health by nourishing the heart tissues.
Beets strengthen the blood, enabling it to carry nutrients throughout the body. Beets have a profound power to cleanse the blood in the liver. Pure blood is fundamental to radiant health. *
- 2 tbsp. Longan eeTee powder
- 1.5 tsp. beet juice powder or 1 medium large beet
- 20 dry Longan fruit
- 2 cups water
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil directly in a Dragon Herbs Glass Tea Elixir Maker (medium heat, gas or electric stove.)
- Turn down the heat. Add Longan fruit and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Allow Longan to soften and release its flavor.
- Remove the pot from the stove. Remove 3-4 Longan fruits from the pot to cool down. When cooled, string them onto a toothpick or a skewer for garnish.
- Add Longan eeTee powder and beet powder to the pot, stir to dissolve completely. The tea is ready to serve.
- Place the tea pot on a Candle Tea Warmer to keep it warm.
- The Longan fruit will continue to extract in a heated brew. You can eat the Longan fruit afterwards to enjoy the full benefits.