Rose Shen Tonic Recipe
Rose is an important and wonderful tonic herb in Oriental cultures for promoting Shen (peaceful spirit, one of three primary life energies). It opens the heart and lifts one’s mood. In other words, consistent drinking of Rose tonic “beautifies the spirit.”
Supreme Shen Drops is an “An Shen,” or “Peaceful Spirit” formula. It has a calming, antistress action. It calms the mind and relieves anxiety, worry fear, anger, and all sorts of emotional instability. It is also a very powerful brain tonic. Sustained use of this formula may improve memory and overcome mental exhaustion caused by overuse of the mind. This is an important and powerful Shen tonic. *
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil directly in a Dragon Herbs Glass Tea Elixir Maker (medium heat, gas or electric stove.)
- Add about 10-15 high quality rose buds, simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add 6 squirts of Supreme Shen Drops. Add honey, or sweetener of your choice to taste. Stir well.
- Serve the tea hot. Keep the tea pot warm on a Candle Tea Warmer.
- You can also steep the flowers in near boiling water for 3-4 minutes on the Candle Tea Warmer.
- For a second extraction, repeat steps 1 and 3.