Schizandra Five Flavors Tea Recipe
In Chinese herbalism, all herbs contain one or several of the 5 flavors: sweet, sour, spicy (pungent), salty and bitter. The five flavors represent different functions of the human body. The five flavors are also attracted to and nourish different organs.
Sourness enters the Liver, bitterness enters the Heart, sweetness enters the Spleen, spiciness enters the Lungs and saltiness enters the Kidneys. It is ideal to consume all five flavors in our daily diet to maintain internal balance and proper organ nourishment.
Schizandra is the only herb that contains all five flavors. The very name of Schizandra in Chinese, Wu Wei Zi, means “Five Flavors Fruit.” Schizandra has earned a reputation as the “quintessential tonic herb” because it can benefit all five primary organs and nurtures all five Elemental Energies of the human body in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): Wood (Liver), Fire (Heart) Earth (Spleen), Metal (Lungs) and Water (Kidneys).
Schizandra also supplies energy to all 12 energy meridians, making it a complete body tonic. To top it off, Schizandra tonifies all 3 Treasures, Jing, Qi and Shen (life’s three primary energies). Schizandra is famous in the Far East for promoting beauty, intelligence, sexual vitality, wisdom, endurance and powerful lungs. Schizandra is one of the safest and most effective cleansing herbs in the world, and is especially protective of the liver, skin and brain. Schizandra can be consumed daily throughout one’s lifetime as an anti-aging herb and to promote
- 3 tsp (6 g) Dragon Herbs Schizandra eeTee™ Instant Granules
- 1-3 tsp Organic Raw Changbai Mountain Schizandra fruit
- 2-3 tsp Honey, to taste
- 18 oz. Water
- Bring 18 oz. of water to boil directly in a Dragon Herbs Glass Tea Elixir Maker (medium heat, gas or electric stove.)
- Turn the heat down to low, add 1-3 teaspoons of raw Organic Changbai Mountain Schizandra fruit. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat. You may also replace simmering with steeping the fruit in hot water on a Candle Tea Warmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 teaspoons (6 g) of Schizandra eeTee powder and 2-3 tsp of honey. Stir to dissolve the Schizandra eeTee powder and honey.
- Serve the tea hot. Keep the tea warm on a Candle Tea Warmer. This will allow the raw Schizandra fruit to continue to extract. The raw Schizandra fruit enhances the aroma, flavor and functions of Schizandra eeTee.